I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A peek at my office


At lunch on Monday I felt inspired to take pictures of my office. And Sabrina, my wandering Israelite plant. Isn't she pretty and purple? I gave her a trim a while back so she's kind of fluffy instead of long and pendulous like her sister Wanda, who lives on a high shelf in my kitchen. The youngest sister, Bernice,  is at college getting smart with Lizz. The other siblings wandered off.

In case you were worried, I did find matching socks on Monday. It's kind of hard to tell, but these are my very special butterfly socks. You can sort of see a full butterfly shape there on the little piece of my left leg.

As you can tell, I like to surround myself with all sorts of important things at work. Like the Bill Ding guys, the words to the Lumberjack Song, photos of special people and baby Claudette in basket (there's a glare so it's tough to tell), formulas to calculate RSI and roof slopes just in case ... all my stuff.

I think the piling and clutteredness is a family trait. Like having a little turntable with spoons and spices and knicknacks in the middle of the breakfast table. After my last visit to my family in Virginia I realized I needed to get back here and put that thing in the middle of the table. I'd reached a certain age, and it was time.

Remember how sleepy I was yesterday morning? It just got worse through the day. I had that odd feeling I used to get when I pulled all-nighters in college. Where my skin felt funny ... like it didn't fit right.

I stayed up as late as I could, which was 9:30. I kept looking at the clock thinking it must be at least 11:00 ... and it was 8:15. Ugh. I knew if I went to bed too early I'd wake up in the middle of the night again. But I slept until 6:00 and am feeling better in my skin today. Thanks for asking.

Don't forget ... cookie for your thoughts ... so far I'm making cookies for Elizabeth and Hulk!

3 comments:

  1. DUDE!! Thanks! Looking forward to them, unless the offspring beats me to them. In which case I say I'll bet they were good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. waitttttt...why is my plant bernice????

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounded smart. You don't like the name?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails