I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Souper Thursday


I'm still pulling from my stash of photos that Lizz uploaded for me before she went back to school. If I were really on the ball, I'd have taken a photo of the soup Cindy brought me a couple of Fridays ago. Soup for lunch, a baby to cuddle and a friend to catch up with. What a treat! 


But I am not so on the ball, and my stash of photos is dwindling. Still, I think this close-up of the newest addition to my "Life is good" wear collection is fitting for the feeling I have recalling our visit. 


Now let's see if I can paint a word picture of the soup ... shrimp and tomato chunks gently bobbing in a subtly blushing broth flecked with slivers of fresh basil. Velvety smooth, surprisingly light in spite of the cream and delicately flavored ... mmmm it was delicious. 


Try it and see for yourself!


Creamy Shrimp & Tomato Chowder

Ingredients:
2 stalks of celery, chopped (1 cup)
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 14.5-oz. cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
8 oz. medium peeled cooked shrimp
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup water
Ground black pepper
Slivered fresh basil
Focaccia wedges or crusty bread

Preparation:
1. In a large saucepan cook celery and onion in hot oil just until tender. Stir in tomatoes; heat through.
Add shrimp, whipping cream, and water. Cook over medium heat just until hot. Season with pepper to taste.
2. Ladle chowder into bowls; top with basil. Serve with focaccia wedges or crusty bread

Serves 4 (1 1/2-cup servings).
245 calories, 15 g fat (8 g sat fat), 152 mg chol, 1,056 mg sodium, 14 g carbo, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.



Source: Better Homes & Gardens, April 2008




HOW TO COMMENT
I've been asked to regularly include how-to information for commenting. I'm going to add to the bottom of each post until I'm able to find some other way of putting this on the site (or, ideally, find an easier way for people of all e-abilities to comment). Please COMMENT and let me know if this was helpful! 
1. Directly below the "You may also like"  images just below each post, to the far right of the text that begins "Posted by ..." is text that says "xx comments." Click on that text. It will open up a comment box. I promise.
2. Enter comment.
3. Click on Post Comment button below the box.
4. Select Name/URL. You can enter your name or whatever name you want to be known by. If you have a blog or other Web address (URL), go ahead and enter (then curious commenters and others can go visit 
yourblog)  ... if not, leave URL blank. You may also select Anonymous ... but it's much more fun to make up a name than be known as Anonymous, don't you think? 

5. Click on Continue. Sometimes, your comment will publish right away.  Sometimes, the system is stubborn and you'll see some text that says something like "Blogger was not able to publish your comment" or similar. So click on Post Comment again. It will take ... or it will bring up a box with squiggly letters. If your comment appears on the page - you're done!
6. If you get the squiggly letters, enter them in the box. This is protection against spam. I think you'll be prompted to click "Enter" or something similar. Your comment will appear on the page, and you are done.

2 comments:

  1. Can one substitute slivered Basil with basil chiffonade? WOW L.O.L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny you should ask! I was going to insert "basil chiffonade," but the recipe said "slivered." But I do think chiffonade is such a fun word to pronounce:)

    Thanks for commenting, "WOW"!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails