I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Home is where the hearts are

The year Midori was with us I woke up on Mother's Day to the sounds of the cats (Claudette and her now-deceased companion, Pierre) batting around what I thought were wads of paper.

I stumbled bleary-eyed toward the kitchen, finding a somewhat scattered trail of origami hearts and stemless flowers along the way. And then a heart-filled vase with more flowers on the counter. Awwwww ...

Once again, I woke up this morning with no idea what to write about. And I was still struggling when Sharon and John came back from "their" church. And then it hit me ... I'm not at my home, but I am at home. With people who love me and watch out for me and take care of me. And support me. And prod me along. Like this morning. I was contemplating not going to "my" church because I hadn't called anyone for a ride. I was still in my monkey pants drinking coffee and eating Cheerios trying to eke out this post and feeling a wee bit guilty when Sharon and John came in. They modified their after-church plans to get slow-moving me from coffee-drinking mode into get-ready-for-church mode. I think they knew I needed some good ole United Methodist soul tending. As always, I was so glad I went. The pastor's wife delivered an amazing message about the Holy Spirit.

After missing worship last week, it was good to be among my church family today.

(Did you catch on that my sister and I have different church families? We're all ecumenical over here. It's kind of cool.)

So my meditation for today is this: Wherever I'm surrounded by love, I'm reminded that home is where the hearts are.

HOW TO COMMENT
I've been asked to regularly include how-to information for commenting. I'm going to add to the bottom of each post until I'm able to find some other way of putting this on the site (or, ideally, find an easier way for people of all e-abilities to comment). Please COMMENT and let me know if this was helpful! 
1. Directly below the "You may also like"  images just below each post, to the far right of the text that begins "Posted by ..." is text that says "xx comments." Click on that text. It will open up a comment box. I promise.
2. Enter comment.
3. Click on Post Comment button below the box.
4. Select Name/URL. You can enter your name or whatever name you want to be known by. If you have a blog or other Web address (URL), go ahead and enter (then curious commenters and others can go visit 
yourblog)  ... if not, leave URL blank. You may also select Anonymous ... but it's much more fun to make up a name than be known as Anonymous, don't you think? 

5. Click on Continue. Sometimes, your comment will publish right away.  Sometimes, the system is stubborn and you'll see some text that says something like "Blogger was not able to publish your comment" or similar. So click on Post Comment again. It will take ... or it will bring up a box with squiggly letters. If your comment appears on the page - you're done!
6. If you get the squiggly letters, enter them in the box. This is protection against spam. I think you'll be prompted to click "Enter" or something similar. Your comment will appear on the page, and you are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails