I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Friday, January 8, 2010

T.G.I.F.


Toes Go In First.

Always a good reminder.

Years ago, when we presented Sean with his "I'm a Big Boy Now/I Can Dress Myself" 30th birthday box at work, specially marked T.G.I.F. socks were among the gifts. Sometimes Sean had issues matching up his socks, tucking in his shirt, zipping his pants, keeping dribbles and crumbs in check ... and other assorted challenges. Another day I'll share some of the great "aught birthday" themed boxes we've done. Can you guess what my theme was for my 40th?

Leaning over to put on my special toe-warmer half-sock (I knew there was a reason I'd kept some of my old favorites with holes in the heels!), my undies and my snowflake flannels today (in honor of Snow Slam! 2010), I was reminded of Sean's T.G.I.F. socks.

Everything takes longer these days. Even putting on socks. I am so thankful that I can take the extra time to learn new techniques, to figure out the logistics of my next move, to be blessed with the love, support, prayers and patience of friends and family. I think of all the days I squandered when everything was "easy." (Even though I constantly kvetched about how hard it was.) I'm learning important lessons that I hope I remember when I have the use of two feet again.

Oh, I'm terribly glad it's Friday, too. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails