I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

We knew the meltdown had to be coming ...


This is what we've come to: photo of the door knob on the guest room closet door. I do like this door knob. It's the only Art Deco-ish one in my whole house. Weird, huh? The rest are very utilitarian - black metal of some sort.

When I began writing this post a little earlier this evening, I didn't know I was working up a nice little meltdown. As I looked through my photo selection, I kept coming back to this one. Lizz thought I was nuts to want a picture of the door knob (and everything else in that room).

But there it is. Illustrative of ... what? When one door closes, God opens a window?

My meltdown was relatively minor. I didn't scream and swear and throw things. There were tears, of course. My very sympathetic sister listened patiently as I vented about how hard it is for me to be disciplined and manage the pieces and parts of my life under "normal" circumstances and how nearly impossible it seems now. This experience is forcing me to slow down and to think ahead ... so contrary to my nature, yet the very thing I've been preaching to myself all year. While lamenting my never-ending to-do lists, I was definitely crying out for a simpler life. For the opportunity to pause and reflect and redirect myself. This experience has brought all of that into sharper focus. Kicked the urgency for change up a notch.

The thing about meltdowns is they usually result in some fundamental changes in shape. I wonder what my new shape will be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails