I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Thank goodness it's Furrrrrrrrriday!


I'm hoping to visit my home and Claudette, my furry former roommate, later today. Do you have any idea what it's like to be uprooted unexpectedly from your home and most of your life for an undetermined amount of time? To be sure, it would be sooooo easy to sit back and relax and rest and take a vacation here at my sister's. I'm getting wonderful care. But you know what they say about fish and house guests? Hmmm, yeah.

I've come to the conclusion that I need a life coach. You know, like Rory's roommate Paris has on Gilmore Girls? Someone to just sort of take over and tell me what to do. Figure out my stuff. Organize me. Take over my finances. Manage all those details that I do not manage well.

I try to "give it all to the Lord," I really do. But I think what that means in practical, everyday reality is realizing I can't "do it all" myself. And that lots of things need to go so I can do some things well - the things I'm meant to do. Whatever those are. And to connect and collaborate fully with others - sharing and helping and accepting help. There's a careful balance. This is some of what I'm processing.

Here I am angsting about myself and my puny struggles even while watching the news about Haiti. (That's one new thing here ... I'm watching the news at least twice a day.) This morning I saw - and heart went out to - the young woman who was air-lifted to Miami after having her leg crushed in the rubble of a crumbling building. And those poor Haitian people - already so devastatingly poor, having endured so much for so long. And now this.

I look back on my 100+ shiny ponderings over the last year and see a common thread ... even when random and frivolously silly or thoughtful on matters of faith, I'm seeking balance. Because when I'm in balance I'm not contributing to imbalance elsewhere. And I can perhaps be a part of tilting things beyond myself in the right direction.

Thoughts? Please do share in the comment area below. And have a wonderful day.

HOW TO COMMENT
I've been asked to regularly include how-to information for commenting. I'm going to add to the bottom of each post until I'm able to find some other way of putting this on the site (or, ideally, find an easier way for people of all e-abilities to comment). Please COMMENT and let me know if this was helpful! 
1. Directly below the "You may also like"  images just below each post, to the far right of the text that begins "Posted by ..." is text that says "xx comments." Click on that text. It will open up a comment box. I promise.
2. Enter comment.
3. Click on Post Comment button below the box.
4. Select Name/URL. You can enter your name or whatever name you want to be known by. If you have a blog or other Web address (URL), go ahead and enter (then curious commenters and others can go visit your blog)  ... if not, leave URL blank. You may also select Anonymous ... but it's much more fun to make up a name than be known as Anonymous, don't you think? 

5. Click on Continue. Sometimes, your comment will publish right away.  Sometimes, the system is stubborn and you'll see some text that says something like "Blogger was not able to publish your comment" or similar. So click on Post Comment again. It will take ... or it will bring up a box with squiggly letters. If your comment appears on the page - you're done!
6. If you get the squiggly letters, enter them in the box. This is protection against spam. I think you'll be prompted to click "Enter" or something similar. Your comment will appear on the page, and you are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails