I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

What's on your plate today?


Bwahahahahaha...

Look closely - that's a dinner plate in that there ankle there. Look at all those purty bones. And screws.  My talented artist friend M. Beteh sent this interpretation of the surgical procedure on my (right) ankle. She's so funny.

Doctor Jake was giving me a hard time this morning for not posting since Sunday. He was doing his daily "nothing goods," which he apparently had not done in a few days. So we're all slipping a bit.

Oh! Slipping reminds me that I participated in karaoke for the first time last Saturday. I sang "Slip Sliding Away." It was really really bad. But it was fun. I was also going to try "I haven't got time for the pain" but wasn't sure I could do Carly Simon right after Paul (Simon). Or ever, really. But it was a good idea, right?

And that reminded me that today is recipe day. I was going to share the recipe for the soup Cindy brought last Friday, but I haven't heard back from her yet. So maybe next week.


Today I'll share a super simple recipe for chocolate fondue.



EASY CHOCOLATE FONDUE


Choose your own favorite dipper for this sinfully good, silky smooth chocolate fondue.

1 pkg. (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
½ cup heavy whipping cream or half and half
1 t. vanilla
Assorted fresh fruit, cake, pretzels, or marshmallows, Rice Krispie treats, brownie chunks, etc. - even rippled potato chips and pretzels! 

Preheat oven to 350F.  Combine chocolate morsels, sweetened condensed milk, whipping cream, and vanilla in deep stoneware casserole/cake pan or in a double boiler.  Bake, or cook on stovetop over low heat, 10 minutes or until chocolate morsels are melted.  Stir until smooth with spoon or whisk.  


This works really well in a stoneware casserole/cake pan - no need to use a special fondue pot or put in a serving dish and stoneware helps keep the fondue warm and melty. I'd say you could double the recipe but it doesn't melt as quickly and evenly in the stoneware when doubled. 


So what's on your plate today? Do tell!


HOW TO COMMENT
I've been asked to regularly include how-to information for commenting. I'm going to add to the bottom of each post until I'm able to find some other way of putting this on the site (or, ideally, find an easier way for people of all e-abilities to comment). Please COMMENT and let me know if this was helpful! 
1. Directly below the "You may also like"  images just below each post, to the far right of the text that begins "Posted by ..." is text that says "xx comments." Click on that text. It will open up a comment box. I promise.
2. Enter comment.
3. Click on Post Comment button below the box.
4. Select Name/URL. You can enter your name or whatever name you want to be known by. If you have a blog or other Web address (URL), go ahead and enter (then curious commenters and others can go visit yourblog)  ... if not, leave URL blank. You may also select Anonymous ... but it's much more fun to make up a name than be known as Anonymous, don't you think? 

5. Click on Continue. Sometimes, your comment will publish right away.  Sometimes, the system is stubborn and you'll see some text that says something like "Blogger was not able to publish your comment" or similar. So click on Post Comment again. It will take ... or it will bring up a box with squiggly letters. If your comment appears on the page - you're done!
6. If you get the squiggly letters, enter them in the box. This is protection against spam. I think you'll be prompted to click "Enter" or something similar. Your comment will appear on the page, and you are done.

6 comments:

  1. The plate. The plate reminded me of recipes. Oh, I am slipping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now that I fiqured out how to post my comments- I will say more.
    Great plate. Whats on my plate today?
    Habitat, shower planning, parent letter and scedules, Ashton and Sammy and whatever else is going on at the Wahl B/B. I have a full plate today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm...looks like a great recipe for chocolate fondue. Will try sometime soon when I get home.

    On my plate:

    Woke up early to ride bus to N. Campus. I was really tired today and didn't even make my bed when I woke up.

    Got to the daycare early and met one of the kids who I have never met before because he was sick last week. Got to play with 4 kids, exploring ice, blueberries, and bird seeds...and then, was switched to another classroom just for the today (other class needed more help).

    Quickly met up with the new kids and they warmed up quickly to me. Played in the "sandbox" full of rice, butterfly and bat wings, story time, going outside to play "Goo Monster" --really fun, ate lunch (yummy grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup), clean up, nap time, leave.

    Waited for bus to pick me up. Back to central campus. In the room for a couple of minutes, then to the library to hang out in the children's literature section. Checked out a copy of Inkspell by Cornelia Funke (the sequel to Inkheart). Came back into room. Nap, nap, nap.

    Oh--and other stuff to do too, but I really like recounting the fun stuff (front and center of my plate) instead of the boring stuff, which are at the edges of my plate.

    Hope you're feeling better mama nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wondering if anyone out there knows of a way to store crutches when they are net in use. If you all have any ideas on this Nanxx I mean ILEAN needs to hear from YOU. Thanks, Dr. Jake

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna see the real x-rays! Have you gotten them yet? Also, let's make fondue next time I'm home (hopefully soon!)

    On my plate today: Slept in until right before class. I'm trying to get over a cold. As well, it probably didn't help that my roomie and I stayed up until 3 watching a movie last night :P TGIF! Anyway, nothing too interesting to share from today. Went to Japanese, lunch table and office hours. Then, sat down to reply to some emails and talk to one of the girls in my Japanese class. Then, conversation table and meeting up with another girl in class to work on a project due next week. Finally, it felt good to fully move my brain back to English. Met up with Carol for a little bit and then we grabbed dinner with Elizabeth and some other friends in the caf. Then we went to Access and I was blessed that Elizabeth decided to come too. :) Now I'm back "home" to do some work and get to bed fairly early. We'll see what tomorrow holds!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails