I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Crazy bananas


I really don't know who started plastering my name plate at work with Chiquita stickers. But it gives a wonderful first impression when we get visitors or new people at our office.

We had a new artist start today and she got treated to my stickers, the beautiful mandala Catherine G gave me that hangs in my doorway, my cave-like office with its stalagmites of project folders everywhere, and comments about my FitFlops that are making my butt smaller with every step. Not work shoes you say? You think I'm going to miss out on an opportunity to walk my butt off just going back and forth to the printer?

But bananas. I'm going a bit bananas. Our youth are planning and leading the worship service this Sunday. There are to be EIGHT baptisms, which the pastor will do. All the other little pieces and parts are coming together with youth selecting verses and hymns, planning a children's message, learning to be liturgists, ushers and more. One of our young adults is delivering a sermon titled Growing Up. It's so exciting. And I'm going bananas. Planning a youth service any time is bound to be challenging. Doing it in the middle of vacation season especially so. But this was their idea, and I'm so proud of them. And I thank God that I have Lizz to call, e-mail and text for advice every other minute or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails