I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Nuthin' says "party" like ...

... guacamole!

(Pictured is one of my formerly festive, now-deceased avocado trees.)

I don't know what all the fuss is about with my guacamole. The recipe isn't complicated. But I love how excited people get when I make it. And sometimes I don't even do the preparation - I can delegate that to any apprentice and that's even more fun.

I'm entertaining tonight for the first time since December 26, 2009. Hosting a little open house in celebration of seven months post broken ankle. I kept putting it off because a) I first wanted to put down the dust bunny revolution; b) the front entrance has been cluttered with evidence of my pre-painting efforts - hose, mop, broom, shovel, TSP, buckets, piles of dirt, etc.; c) the heat; d) other activities; and d) pure laziness.

I moved the porch clutter to the garage, swept up the dirt piles and put out fresh canvas drop cloths to cover the peely paint on the ledges. Found a rug in the basement to replace the grody one the squirrels chewed up. Ta and da.

There was some frantic vacuuming, dusting and other types of cleaning activity last night. Blech. Hate cleaning. I took little breaks to grill chicken, make fresh salsa, chop onions, slice lemons, carve up veggies, make fresh cocktail sauce, set out more chairs and figure out drink stations and other logistics. I am so proud of me! This is always the stuff I'm doing last minute as guests arrive. Ina Garten I'm not.

If you know me and where I live and you're in the area, please stop by - 6 p.m. until ??? If you know me and need directions, e-mail me at javamama42[at]gmail[dot]com. And if you don't know me? Um, that might be a wee bit creepy, eh?

TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails