I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Painting the town

Today was a good day.

Dooley was very polite, stayed on his side of the bed and let me sleep until 7:05 a.m. We had a lovely morning. I enjoyed my coffee and got caught up on some writing. Then visited some old neighbors and took Dooley for a short walk, keeping in mind the whole time that he's three times the size of the dog I was walking December 26.

I went to a prayer study at church and then to the Farmers Market. Today was the first day of the Saturday schedule.

I love going to the market on Saturday mornings. I visited all of my favorite stands, plus a few new ones. I took pictures of some of the vendors, but will cover them in another post.

Eric Schantz painted a beautiful flower on my arm. I wore it all day. You would be amazed how many people thought I had a tattoo in my travels the rest of the day.

After I left the market, I went to visit some friends who are working on beginning an urban ministry. I was invited to an impromptu picnic! They shared their chicken, and I shared my tomatoes and corn. It was like Thanksgiving. I ended up staying the entire day and had a fabulous time hanging out with a handful of youth, discussing some really interesting and deep subjects.

And now? I'm reflecting on what a good day it was.

Yes, the ending of this day was decidedly different than the last time I walked a dog and had a body part (my face) painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails