I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

The writing on the wall


... or, like, the inside of the cupboard door.

I like to save fortunes from fortune cookies. (Can you read those over there or is the type too tiny? Let me know in the comments section.)

I have fortunes taped to the inside of the kitchen cupboard. They float in my wallet. And the drawer by the bathroom sink. In the junk drawer by the phone. And in my desk at work. A friend of mine used to have a cute little bulletin board with just fortunes tacked on it. I always thought that was cool - and so tidy of her to keep them all in one place like that.

Lately, the fortunes have been sending out a particular vibe. There's a consistent theme. It's growing in frequency and urgency. Now, keep in mind that it's summer so I have not been eating much Chinese food. It's just not right. I can't eat Chinese food when it's warm and sunny. It's cold or rainy weather food. (Lizz says I have a lot of weird rules and this is one of them.) Anyway, it seems the universe is telling me that change is in the air.

The message is not just coming through those little scraps of paper, either. We'll be making another big change at work, for example.

Misty gave her notice today.

Bubbly, fun Misty who fell out of the sky and into our hearts in December - only a few weeks before I fell and broke my ankle and had to work from home with my foot up in the air for two months.

Misty has found a Really Great Opportunity. I'm sad, of course, but I am also very happy for her, as I am always happy for people who have found work with purpose and meaning and balance ... or whatever they seek in their lives.

I've been fortunate to have work like that a couple of times. I'm not really in that place now, though, and I know it's up to me to do something about it. And whether I decide to try to bloom where I'm planted or put down roots elsewhere, it's gonna require a really big change.

Yikes.

1 comment:

  1. OK, so no, you can't read the fortunes unless you click on the picture. Then you can.

    But then I went back and kept reading, and started crying (yes, again) because you wrote such nice things. Damn you.

    Gonna miss you this week ...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails