I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I'm tired, but in a good way

Yesterday's post fairly wore me out. (But kind of in a more-than-awesome, really good way.) Not the writing of my life's list/list of 100/bucket list - I'd done most of that work over several weeks (and years of dreaming, really). But the thinking about what it means to put it all out there for the world to see all - or a good number of - my hopes and dreams and wishes and wants. Are they too shallow? Too silly? Too ... [your favorite adjective here]?

I know that shouldn't matter. It's MY list. And the exercise of thinking about what I really want out of life is a challenging one, to be sure. Even at the age of 44, I'm not exactly sure but I have a much better idea than I did 20 years ago. And perhaps one of the best pieces of wisdom I've gained is that I don't have to have it all figured out.

So I tried to make it clear that my list is a draft. Something I can let sit and stew for a bit. And revise when necessary. I like to think of it as the beginning of a really deep and interesting conversation. Sure, some of the items would be great topics for chit-chat at a cocktail party. (Because I attend chit-chatty cocktail parties SO often.) But the "why" I want to do some of those things. And how they all fit together to make the me I am and the me I aspire to become.

The type of interaction I've had with some of you as a result of this one post is a big reason I jumped into this blogging thing last year. (I didn't know that then, but I'm realizing it now.) Thank you so much for sharing your comments and your dreams and for hanging with me through the ups and downs and writer's blockages ... I'm looking forward to continuing the wild ride together!

Today's photo is of one of the incredible Gaudi-designed homes we "discovered" traipsing through Barcelona one day back in 2005. One of these days, I'll write more about that trip either here or over on Tuna on Wheatley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails